The Jr. Software Developer will perform software development/configuration and maintenance tasks to include analysis, design, build, integration and testing on the Oracle cMRO web-based application Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Initiative (MROi) as part of a team utilizing the Scaled Agile Methodology. This position will be a member of a scrum team who will determine:
- The Definition of Ready for work items to be slotted into a Sprint
- Deliver working software in every iteration (both configuration and development)
- Help the Product Owner break larger work items (Epics, User Stories) into smaller User Stories based on functionality
- Estimate Product Backlog items (Epics, User Stories)
- Decompose User Stories into smaller, actionable Tasks
- Commit to Sprint delivery based on the Definition of Done, Adhere to the Definition of Done
- Report daily status & impediments during Daily Stand-Up, Escalate impediments,
- Conduct frequent (daily) communication with and demonstration of progress to the Product Owner
- Maintain status on all boards (Kanban, Scrum), Maintain project management tool (JIRA)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Active DoD Secret Clearance
• At least 1 year of experience in PL/SQL, Java, Service Oriented Architecture, or other Oracle development technologies in Oracle Commercial Off the Shelf development
• Ability to learn new applications and technologies to accomplish daily tasks
• Excellent communication and writing skills
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other Engineering discipline
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• 1 - 2 years of experience in PL/SQL, Java, Service Oriented Architecture, or other Oracle development technologies in Oracle Commercial Off the Shelf development
• 1 year of experience working in a virtual environment utilizing Microsoft Teams
• 1 year of experience working with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence
• Knowledge or experience with Agile Development Methodology
pl/sql, java, Jira, Scrum, agile, Kanban, Epic, development, oracle
Top Skills Details:
Top 3 Skills:
1. At least 1 year of development experience in PL/SQL, Java, or Oracle
2. Experience with an Agile or Scrum environment
3. Experience doing work within Epic, user stories, etc.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must have an active DoD SECRET clearance is required, an active Security+ is a benefit, and the person needs to have a Bachelor's degree.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.