Who We Are:
The Security department overseas the overall security of the Institute. The Security department specializes in: Physical Security, Personnel Security, Information System Security, Communications Security, and Information Security.
Objectives of this Role:
- Process individual federal security clearances. Assist individuals with proper completion of required documents
- Data entry in to government databases such as JPAS, DISS and NISS. Ensure database are correct and current
- Coordinate with government agencies in matters concerning personnel security
- Ensure department is in compliance with requirements
- Oversee and maintain department files. Ensure that all required documents are properly secured and available
- Receive incoming security correspondence and forward to appropriate security offices
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Use PC applications to review and input electronic personnel security questionnaires for transmission to U.S. government
- Update various security databases, general filing, answer employee general security questions
- Fingerprint applicants for security clearances
- Organize workload, prioritize tasks and plan time accordingly; consolidate data and prepare reports
- Any additional duties as assigned by Manager
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Current Secret security clearance is required
- 6-10 years: Experience processing personnel security clearances.
- Information entry into government databases such as JPAS, DISS, NISS.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Word/Excel and databases.
- Basic understanding of business office functions.
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
Military Friendly: Your military experience may apply to this position
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace