Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Non-Exempt
Responsible for accurate and timely processing of high value, time sensitive vendor invoices. Verifies that invoice information aligns with purchase order and scheduling structure. Researches and resolves vendor account issues. Participates in special projects as deemed necessary by department management team.
- Processes urgent, high dollar invoices and entries to generate payments to vendors. Verifies invoices are aligned with purchase orders corresponding with product or transportation contracts.
- Performs independent research to identify and resolve vendor account issues.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors verbally and in writing.
- Prioritizes the vendor payments as needed to prevent business interruptions.
- Performs timely reconciliation of various reports such as Good Receipt/Invoice Receipt, Accounts Payable Aging, etc. to ensure department follows Audit and Sox Controls requirements.
- Requests vendor account updates from Master Data Unit personnel to assure payments are made to correct vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years of accounts payable processing or related procurement/purchase order experience required.
- Experience working with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge of accounting practices and invoice processing
- General knowledge of the industry
- Strong reporting and presentation skills, key when addressing process concerns or escalation is required
- Intermediate computer skills and ten-key / keyboard number pad proficiency
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- Ability to adapt to continuous improvement and change
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team environment
Ability to work well with minimum supervision
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: None
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.