Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Non-Exempt
Marathon Petroleum Company currently has a vacancy for a highly motivated individual to fill an Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team environment. The successful candidate will provide administrative and office support activities for their assigned group, along with supporting the overall Department. Duties may include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, filing, and scanning/faxing. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills. There may be some travel involved for the purpose of records auditing and management, depending on department. Travel required by this position is 0-10%.
The role provides HR administrative support to the Transport & Rail (T&R) HR department workings closely with the T &R HRBP team and Corporate HR support personnel. The HR Administrative Assistant must maintain the highest level of confidentiality on HR issues. This position reports to the T&R HR Manager.
The Administrative Assistant will: perform general administrative responsibilities and perform general clerical duties to include, but not limited to, gathering, input of, generating review and/or analyzing data, handling telephone calls, copying, faxing, mailing and filing, maintaining office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings, monitoring and assisting with maintenance of the organization’s website, creating and modifying documents such as reports, memos and letters using word, excel, and/or other presentation software, coordinating meetings and conferences, make travel arrangements for personnel, dealing with internal (i.e., Teamview, Records Management)/external (i.e., USCG) customers, performing records management in accordance with Company policy, collecting and maintaining inventory of office equipment and supplies, and assisting, in a limited extent, with the above duties for the department. The position will compose, transcribe, prepare, proofread routine and confidential documents, both written and electronic, deal with routine travel arrangements as appropriate, maintain and operate office equipment, and order supplies as necessary and data entry as appropriate. The successful candidate will, as Records Coordinator, coordinate all record generation, use filing and retention in compliance with the MPL Corporate Records Management program. This position may also serve as backfill for other Administrative Assistants when needed. Communication and computer utilization skills will be paramount in the successful support of these individuals.
- Provide administrative support to the T&R Human Resources Department
- Provide Support to HR Business Partners
- SharePoint Editor for T&R HR
- Records Coordinator for T&R HR
- Provide Support to HR Manager and HR Assistant
- If needed, provide backfill assistance for Learning & Development Administrative Assistant
Education & Experience:
- Candidates must possess a High School Diploma or GED,
- A preferable minimum 3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant, strong organizational skills, excellent keyboarding skills, familiarity with PC-based and mainframe software applications, i.e., Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel).
- The person must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to set and organize work priorities, excellent time management skills and the ability to work with confidential information.
- The ability to complete work based on specific time restrictions is essential.
- Familiarity with Windows 95, WordPerfect, Word, Excel, Power point, Event master, GroupWise, NetScape; general computer skills and the ability to quickly learn and utilize new computer programs is essential.
- Candidate must be able to operate typical office equipment and may need current driver’s license depending on position.
- Successfully support multiple individuals on a daily basis
- Multi-task various projects with varying degrees of priorities; working independently in a sometimes fast paced environment
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.