Title: (All Levels) Senior Consultant, Manager, Senior Manager, Director - Accounting & Transaction Services, OR IT Audit & Technology Risk
Industry: Management consulting
About the Opportunity: Fast growing consulting firm providing services including: IPO Readiness, SPAC Transactions, Risk Advisory, M&A Lifecycle, Private Equity Services and Liquidity Management
Responsibilities - IT Audit & Technology Risk:
- Advise fast growing companies and well-known enterprises (both publicly traded and privately held) on a wide variety of projects including: IPO preparation, transaction support, carve-outs and/or spin-offs, audit readiness, and new accounting pronouncements.
- Engage with clients and colleagues on technical accounting and control-related issues to provide research guidance and give recommendations for potential solutions.
- Create and deliver presentations on technical concepts, project work plans, delivery approach, milestones, and results to client stakeholders.
- Educate internal and external audiences on Accounting & Transaction Services best practices.
- Manage client relationships with an eye toward identifying and closing on new business opportunities.
- Actively participate in career development activities and technical training of staff.
Minimum Qualifications - IT Audit & Technology Risk:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Management Information Systems or a related field.
- Recent professional services experience (public accounting or advisory firm) is strongly preferred; directly relevant financial reporting and internal controls experience with a publicly held/Fortune 500 organization may be considered in its place.
- Senior level: 2+ years
- Manager level: 5+ years
- Senior Manager: 8+ years
- Director: 12+ years
- Knowledge of IT controls and governance frameworks such as COBIT, NIST SP 800-53, ISO 27001/2.
- Strong foundational knowledge of infrastructure and platforms components such as Windows, Linux, Unix, Active Directory, SQL, MySQL, Oracle.
- Subject Matter Expert on select ERP applications such as SAP, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft, or Microsoft Dynamics.
- Senior Manager / Director level:
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting/audit practices, procedures and reporting standards.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or more.
- Knowledge of emerging technology risks, including cloud computing, agile development/CICD, cybersecurity, and privacy.
- Knowledge of best practices for authentication, authorization and change management.
- Master's in accounting, MBA, CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP.
- Knowledge of Tier 1 accounting packages (i.e. Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft).
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and build teams that deliver services and solutions that surpass client expectations.
- Previous experience leading and executing complex projects in challenging environments.
- **For IT Audit & Risk - Experience with performing platform security assessments.
Intrigued and want to get some more information? Reach out and apply to this role. If you are already working with a Vaco recruiter, please contact them directly.