The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
Performs a variety of complex administrative duties for patients in need of routine and/or urgent appointments, medical procedures, tests, and associated ancillary services in an ambulatory in/outpatient setting. Assess patients’ needs, including but not limited to, financial counseling, interpreter services, social services and refers to appropriate person or area. Alerts providers to emergent patient care needs.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Proficient in software and computer systems
• Knowledgeable of business office terminology / procedures
• Ability to multi task and work under stressful situation
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• 1+ year of customer service experience required
• Experience with medical office terminology preferred