The CSI Companies is actively seeking an AP Accountant for our client located in the San Antonio, TX area.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8 AM - 5 PM
The AP Accountant performs a variety of moderately to highly complex Accounts Payable accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Files IRS Tax form 1099 Misc annually and prepares 1099s for the Board of Directors.
- Runs analytical reports to provide information to leadership
- Maintains key tables within SAP necessary to completing AP functions
- Reconciliations of ACH payments and failures
- Coordinates testing and automation of systems. Develops test cases and documents results.
- Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
- Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts.
- Identifies costs and efficiency gaps and recommends ways to reduce costs or improve processes and standards.
- May provide Accounts Payable accounting advice to leadership to assist them in managing their financial responsibilities.
- May document, update, and maintain internal procedures or work on special projects.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced accountants. May train or review the work of others.
- Complex invoice review, and reconciliation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum 4 years accounting/finance experience
- 3 years of Accounts Payable experience preferred
- Experience in process improvement initiatives preferred.
- SAP experience required.