Title: AP Process Accountant
Location: San Antonio, TX, 78259
Duration: 6 Months - Contract to Hire
Shift Timings: Typically 8 -5, there will be OT 1-2 hours a day, There will be OT from work day – 2 to Work day 7 around accounting close, it is possible to have up to 4 hours of OT a day during accounting close.
• Performs a variety of moderately to highly complex Accounts Payable accounting activities in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements.
• Key Responsibilities
• Escheats uncashed checks in accordance with state guidelines.
• Coordinates testing and automation of systems.
• Develops test cases and documents results.
• Files IRS Tax form 1099 Misc annually and prepares 1099s for the Board of Directors.
• Facilitates payments between Client’s Companies and Client’s Logistics LLC and works with various departments to ensure intercompany transactions are balanced at month-end.
• Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
• Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
• Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts.
• Identifies costs and efficiency gaps and recommends ways to reduce costs or improve processes and standards.
• May provide Accounts Payable accounting advice to leadership to assist them in managing their financial responsibilities.
• May document, update, and maintain internal procedures or work on special projects.
• Serves as a resource to less experienced accountants. May train or review the work of others. complex invoice review, and reconciliation