Freebirds World Burrito is an Austin, TX based fast-casual restaurant brand featuring fresh ingredients. Our goal is to become Texas' #1 Burrito. We're seeking energetic and motivated Assistant General Managers to foster our unique, fun-loving environment. Must have a proven track record of getting results by utilizing the strengths of their team. Successful candidates will have a history of growing same store sales and driving initiatives, such as; catering, third party delivery, local restaurant marketing efforts, and sales contests!
Why work for Freebirds?
1. We are in our 3rd year of top 1% of industry performance.
2. For the second year in a row, we were awarded the #1 consumer choice for craveable food by National Restaurant News.
3. We are growing and creating tremendous job opportunities.
4. We believe in creating exceptional culture, continued product innovation, training enhancements, and exceptional Texas hospitality.
5. Our success is built on the strength of our Tribe- our employees- and our passion for people and food.
Freebirds Benefits for Assistant General Managers
- Competitive wages, quarterly bonuses, and career development
- Low-cost healthcare, 401K, and PTO options
- Excellent reward and recognition programs for management and hourly Tribe
- Multi-annual manager training sessions
- Free manager meals
- Cell phone, nonslip shoe, gym partnerships, and ticketed event discounts
- Assist with the recruitment process, while maintaining staffing and turnover target levels
- Responsible for training, managing, and developing Tribe
- Support compliance with employment related policies
- Strong investment in our Tribe through continuous development and coaching
- Maintain scheduling performance expectations and position execution by meeting productive labor goals
- Responsible for training programs and new rollout communication through all technology platforms, training programs, recipe cards
- Responsible for banking procedures, monitoring of cash handling policies, and deposit verification
- Complete vendor orders and receiving of deliveries
- Oversee the completion of food quality assurance, checklists, and temperature checks
- Communicates weekly focus from GM through utilization of reporting and explains operational needs during weekly planned meetings
- Responsible for keeping prep and PARs updated with correct yields based off sales
- Read the Freebirds weekly and monthly communication and conduct pre-shift meetings based on content
- Complete training modules in a timely manner
- Support General Manager in objective measures including sales and profit goals, guest loyalty activation, guest feedback, and other performance metric objects
- Accountable for objective measures of performance while manager on duty
- Ensure proper dating and labeling of all food received into the restaurant
- Provide excellent "It's Your World" service to guests by showing strong Texas hospitality
- Provide consistent, craveable food through recipe adherence, execution, and standards
- Provide clean environment for guests and build a reputation for an extraordinarily clean restaurant
We are committed to providing our Tribe with the tools and resources needed to advance their careers. Each position is designed to help gain knowledge and experience to develop your professional skills with us. It is expected that Assistant General Managers will work into a General Manager position. We invest in ongoing training and development for our management team. We expect hard work and big results! Come grow with Freebirds.
- Scheduling flexibility to cover where sales are growing (lunch, dinner and weekends)
- Must have Food Safety Manager Certification upon hire
- Must have valid state driver's license and insurance upon hire
- Ability to maintain high levels of stamina with a demanding schedule and workload
- Decision making, organizational and conflict resolution skills
- Frequent walking, kneeling, bending, and reaching required
- Ability to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs
- Within 90 days, you are expected to successfully complete defined certifications and test training validations