Who We Are:
The Avionics and Support Systems Department provides world class research, design, services and support, offering both new products and solutions to legacy issues for the DoD industry, Allies, and U.S. Government.
Objectives of this Role:
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers, technicians, logisticians, drafters, administrative staff in the execution of complex R&D programs in support of national security.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop solutions for complex avionics modification and development programs to support mission requirements
- Plan, organize, lead, and coordinate the activities of the project technical and administrative staff
- Oversee the completion of research, development, fabrication, test and support projects for a mix of U.S. Government and International clients
- Lead multidisciplinary proposal teams in the capture of new business in the areas of Avionis R&D programs to include both sustainment and modernization programs along with corresponding support equipment to sustain the weapon system
- Establish successful client relationships and interact directly with current and potential clients through marketing trips and development of White Papers in the areas of Avionics R&D programs
- Requires an Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA or higher degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Computer, Industrial, Software, or Systems Engineering; other degree fields may be considered with relevant Air Force Project Management engineering experience
- PMP is desired
- Direct relevant Air Force acquisition and project management experience is preferred
- 5 years: Managing multidisciplinary R&D avionics programs > $3M each for Air Force or other DoD branches. Current Secret or higher security clearance a plus
- Directing and managing the planning and execution of multiple projects, maintain strong analytical and innovative skills and have experience building and leading complex diversified teams
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with customers, executive management and support staff leadership
- Success in managing technical programs and high performing teams
- 5 years performing as a Program Manager and being responsible the management and control of budgets (including earned value analysis), personnel, scope, schedule and material resources
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
Military Friendly: Your military experience may apply to this position
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace