UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The time has come to raise your game and help us raise ours. You've learned to lead. You've built a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. Now it's time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. As an Associate Director within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
If you are located in the state of VT, NH or ME, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Develop functional, market level and/or site strategy, plans, production and/or organizational priorities
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Identify and resolve technical, operational, and organizational problems
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
Are you ready to put your skills to the test? In this high-impact role, you will need to be a strong leader and have the proven ability to establish trust and build relationships with leaders and experts across an organization.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or work equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience developing product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- 2+ years of experience managing a medical cost and administrative budget
- 2+ years of experience with provider contracting
- Advanced level of knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc
- Living within the vicinity of Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine
- Willing and able to travel up to 50% when necessary
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Supervisory level experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- Ability to manage conflict
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Associate Director, Network Contracting, Relationships, Contracting, Negotiation, Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, Medical Costs, Product Pricing and Utilizing Financial Modeling, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Portland, ME, Maine, Burlington, VE, Vermont, Manchester, NH, New Hampshire