UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As Associate Director of Delivery Management for the United Healthcare Strategic Platform (USP) Configuration Team, you will help shape best practices to improve department delivery and support enterprise platform growth.
In this role, you’ll implement program strategy and drive process improvement, both within the department and across USP. You will also be responsible for end-to-end project management activities, supporting implementation teams as they define, manage, and deliver system configuration. You’ll diagnose process improvement opportunities and develop solutions using principles of process excellence and related tools.
As one of Configuration’s key managers, you’ll oversee the daily operations of a team of Delivery Leads. You’ll set team direction, resolve problems, and provide guidance to members of the team to ensure program milestones and delivery expectations are continuously met.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides leadership and development for a team of Delivery Leads
- Manages and implements projects, coordinating across various functional areas
- Provide subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, capacity planning, reporting, and facilitation while ensuring projects are completed on time and in scope
- Applies healthcare industry business knowledge while coordinating activities across a highly matrixed team of professionals involved in a common purpose to serve our customers
- Aligns program roadmap with related business strategies and articulates a logical, iterative approach to delivering against the plan
- Establishes, develops, and maintains effective relationships with applicable stakeholders (e.g., project team members, team leads, internal customers, functional SMEs, business partners, leadership)
- Plans, implements, and manages delivery initiatives and strategies
- Conducts regular meetings with relevant internal and/or external stakeholders to review and discuss updates and outstanding issues
- Reviews work performed by others and provides recommendations for improvement
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience leading people and teams
- 3+ years of experience managing programs / project plans and roadmaps
- Solid experience developing and presenting PowerPoint presentations to stakeholders and various levels of leadership
- Demonstrated ability to create and share a compelling vision for program execution; take accountability for decisions, actions and results for self and others; lead and manage change; strategic thinker; thoughtful leader
- Proven ability to understand and interpret complex information from others coupled with solid attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills focusing on conveying complex or technical information in a manner that others can understand
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively manage a portfolio of projects while broadly applying a prioritization framework
- Demonstrated experience partnering with stakeholders to ensure the proper strategy, plan, alignment, integration, and visibility
- Proven solid negotiation skills; the ability to influence and gain acceptance from others to achieve a mutually beneficial outcome
- Experience in system configuration for a healthcare administration platform
- Operational experience within multiple lines of business (E&I, M&R, C&S and/or Provider)
- Experience working with Agile methodology
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director of Delivery Management, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote