If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Finance Director is responsible for various financial functions including business case development, building relationships with external prospects and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of client financials and operational metrics to evaluate and influence the business case for potential clients and Optum.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere in the US, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead due diligence process for potential new End-2-End deals for OptumInsight, which includes understanding client’s financials to develop a win-win situation for both the prospect and Optum
- Determine accurate representation of the client’s cost structure for all areas in-scope
- Create aligned client performance baseline for specific RCM metrics
- Build relationships with client while living up to all of United's values
- Create and effectively communicate financial structure for the client and Optum while understanding risks for both parties
- Maintain cost savings, revenue improvement, investment and total economic models, through contract signature
- Work internally with all relevant parties to ensure alignment on business case and assumptions
- Be a key leader in the final negotiations of the partnership contract for all business and economic terms
- Assist in legal drafts of document to enable internal and external legal counsels to capture the business intent
- Analyze and synthesize operating expense trends to identify savings opportunities and collaborate with cross functional teams to drive progress against these opportunities
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve partnership models
- Lead development of business / financial case for specific initiatives and new business opportunities
- Act as subject matter expert on the supported segment & apply in-depth knowledge of the business for recommendations to management
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 7+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (Pivot tables, VLookups, large set of data)
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with PowerPoint
- Ability to manage and synthesize large amounts of data
- Solid analytical skills and business acumen
- Trusted advisor and partner to those we serve in the business
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
- Knowledge of GAAP, fundamental financial concepts and procedures
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- Ability to use proper discretion when dealing with confidential information exhibiting a high level of integrity
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director Finance, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota