Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Finance Director is responsible for various financial functions including business analytics, metrics reporting, and ad-hoc analysis. This person will also create in-depth financial models and analysis of company financial and operational metrics to evaluate and influence numerous aspects of the company's business performance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead the financial management of Payer Market revenue and develop metrics, benchmarks and analytics to guide the appropriate investments in alignment with Enterprise product strategy
- Be a business partner, along with developing relationships with operations, and finance leaders to evaluate and drive opportunities for growth
- Partner with BU & segment finance to align on updated forecasts and projections
- Develop & drive meaningful metrics to drive better decision making across Optum through in-depth understanding of people, volumes, and membership.
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve processes and identify areas of improvement
- Work closely with the business to develop, recommend and establish strategies, plans, and processes to improve grow rates and metrics
- Lead development of business / financial case for specific initiatives, capital investments and new business opportunities
- Assist in prioritization of investment for the business, providing recommendations based on financial and non-financial targets
- Act as subject matter expert on the supported segment & apply in-depth knowledge of the business for recommendations to management
- Complete standard variance analysis and research variance drivers and explain cause-effect relationships
- Analyze Workforce / FTE trends and enhance FTE reporting and insights through a closer partnership with business units during forecast cycles
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 7+ years of progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency (Pivot tables, VLookups, Macros)
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency with PowerPoint
- Ability to manage and synthesize large amounts of data
- Solid analytical skills and business acumen
- Trusted advisor and partner to those we serve in the business
- Natural curiosity to learn more, dig into details, understand key drivers of our business
- Knowledge of GAAP, fundamental financial concepts and procedures
- Experience prioritizing & managing demanding workloads with concurrent deadlines
- Ability to act decisively and proactively, anticipating change, and modify plans/timetables as needed
- Ability to use proper discretion when dealing with confidential information exhibiting a high level of integrity
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Assertive, self-starting personality with a customer service attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director of Finance, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote