The Production Worker is responsible for understanding and following all assigned tasks and abiding by all safety requirements. They will assist the designated machine operator or the production team in a variety of functions including but not limited to depositing, depending, icing, slicing, packaging, palletizing, cleaning, and other tasks as assigned.
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK 12 HR SHIFTS AND WEEKENDS. AFTER # MONTHS WITH GOOD PERFORMANCE AND ATTENDANCE, THE PAY WILL BE
$12.50 per hour,
1. Perform the responsibilities and tasks assigned with the general guidance of the Plant Management.
2. Ability to work within a team, environment to meet/exceed established production standards.
3. Clean up responsibilities:
· During downtime maintain the surrounding area by cleaning the floors and disposing of waste in appropriate receptacles.
· Clean the machines and conveyors at the end of the shift.
· Clean the floors and dispose of waste in appropriate receptacles at the end of the shift.
4. Production equipment responsibilities:
· Operates machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times.
· Assists the lead operator in preparing for shift production.
· Work closely with the operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation of the machine in use.
· May be required to work with conveyors, etc. as assigned.
· May be required to operate equipment such as Pumps, Depositing Equipment, Conveyors, Labelers, Pan Washers, Slicers, etc.
5. Comply with the following programs within the production area:
· Any and all food safety programs.
· Any and all safety programs.
· Utilizes understanding of the production line to troubleshoot process/packaging problems.
· When possible troubleshoots causes of customer issues or production problems and collaborates with other departments to provide efficient and effective resolution.
· Ability to communicate problems or issues that are occurring on the production floor to the production management team.
· Ability to work and communicate with other departments on production issues or concerns.
8. Improvements in the Production Line:
· Advise the Production Supervisor when opportunities exist to improve the production line.
· As needed or as opportunities arise, work with Quality or Production management on programs related to SPC, Lean Manufacturing, 6’s, and other quality tools.
9. Personal Development:
· Take on additional responsibilities and consistently demonstrate problem-solving skills in order to move up within the company.
10. Follows attendance policy. Observes department call-in procedures. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
11. Maintains a positive attitude and gets along well with coworkers.
12. Exhibits teamwork and willingness to help others.
13. Follows dress code and maintains a professional appearance.
14. Can be relied upon to complete assigned tasks.
15. Complies with established Departmental and Organizational policies and procedures.
16. Works within a team environment to meet/exceed established production standards.
· Manufacturing experience preferred.
· Must have great attention to detail to be able to detect the presence of a product or production issues.
· Ability to visually inspect products and materials.
· An understanding or willingness to learn food manufacturing and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to understand and follow verbal or written communications.
12 hour Shift
$12.50 when converted
Benefits 1st of the month following 60 days
5 am to 5 pm
6 am to 6 pm
5 pm to 5 am
6 pm to 6 am
Slacks or jeans – no rips, no shorts, no extra baggy
Shirts- plain color, nothing with print, must have sleeves
Absolutely no jewelry, not even face jewelry.
Women: No long nails, no nail polish, no false lashes or heavy makeup.
Face Shield and mask provided (can't wear cloth masks) FGF provides disposable ones.
Must arrive 10 mins prior to shift or they will be turned away.
Positions are daily and also temp to hire. Those that are temp to hire need to be made known to T&D
Must be able to pass drug screen and background. No violent crimes, or crimes against children (school across the street)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 - $10.00 per hour
- Overseeing shift production using production schedule
- Leading an assigned production team
- Review daily shift production report
- Assign each production worker production tasks
- Coordinate all production line activities
- Team members regarding safety, production and quality to ensure production objectives
- Running production and leading a group of production personnel
- Resolve production problems on shift
- Understand daily production schedules while working with the raw material warehouse team and the production team
- Lead work as a group leader alongside other employees
- Participate as a leader or team member in department problem
- Serve as a first line leader for the support team
- Assign duties for the production team
- Work with a team to meet production targets