Purpose of the Position:
Leads the finance, accounting, and tax functions for the company and all subsidiaries. Establishes and maintains proper efficacy for external and internal financial and regulatory reporting. Communicates about organizational performance to the Board of Directors, Audit and Compliance Review Committee, management, employees, shareholders, and other stakeholders as needed.
Evaluates business performance to identify opportunities for revenue enhancement, cost containment, and resource optimization. Assists with near-term management of the company and collaborates in long-term strategic planning.
Manages the Controller, Business Performance Financial Analyst, Customer Information Analyst, Process Improvement Coordinator, Project Management Coordinator in the completion of their duties.
Oversees activities and resource usage of the Finance Department and other three departments to achieve optimal productivity.
- Establish, communicate, and enforce organizational accounting and reporting standards to maintain company's compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and legal/regulatory requirements.Stay abreast of current literature, current events, and FASB and regulatory pronouncements accordingly.
- With the Controller, establish and maintain an appropriate and effective company-wide internal control structure based on criteria for effective internal control over financial reporting as stipulated by COSO guidelines (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission), current auditing standards, and current legal/regulatory standards.Stay abreast of current literature, current events, and industry and regulatory pronouncements accordingly.
- As directed by the Audit and Compliance Review Committee, coordinate the engagement of external auditors (recommendation of firms, and negotiation of fees).With the Internal Auditor and Controller, coordinate activities of external auditors and the company to complete annual financial audits.
- Review income, expense, funding, and asset efficiency trends (company-wide, within lines of business, and within product lines) to identify and help exploit opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor and manage capital adequacy and productivity to optimize returns for shareholders.
- Review company financial statements and profitability reports to ensure their ongoing propriety and to help facilitate their interpretation within the organization.
- Provide financial analysis and business decision support to senior managers and business line managers, to help them make resource allocation and other ongoing business decisions as needed.
- Monitor business operations, evaluate business performance, and identify opportunities to enhance revenue generation, cost containment, and resource optimization.
- Prepare monthly analyses of organizational performance for the Board of Directors, senior management, and ALCO to explain performance variances and trends.
- Oversee preparation of Monthly Performance Review and Quarterly Financial Review reporting packages for disseminating financial performance information to the Board, senior management, and others internally.
- Assemble and deliver presentations about the company's performance (quarterly for the Board of Directors and company officers; annually for shareholders; occasionally as needed for employees and other stakeholders).
- With the Controller, oversee the account structure and hierarchy of the general ledger (and cost center hierarchies) for the company and all subsidiaries. Ensure that posting and reconciliation procedures are proper and timely for all general ledger accounts.
- Ensure Finance Department's accurate and timely completion of Federal Reserve, FFIEC, OCC, and FDIC regulatory reports and filings, as and when required.
- Oversee the tax function of the company. With the Controller, manage external tax firm and internal processes to ensure accurate and timely completion of federal income tax, state franchise tax, local property tax, and other tax filings, as and when required. Ensure proper accrual and reporting of current and deferred tax liabilities in accordance with GAAP and government pronouncements.
- Consult with external tax firm and other tax consultants to identify tax law opportunities and then employ appropriate strategies that will optimize corporate and shareholder income taxes, state franchise taxes, and local property taxes. Stay abreast of current literature, current events, and tax law changes accordingly.
Competencies and Skills:
- 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Preferred: 10 years of supervisory experience.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5 years of bank and bank holding company experience in a senior financial management role that included accounting, tax, strategic planning, and profitability management responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of funds transfer pricing, lending, operations, bank investment and asset/liability management functions in banking.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and translate conclusions into strategic recommendations.
- A demonstrated leader with excellent motivational, communication and presentation skills.
- Preferred: 10 years of experience as CFO or Controller of a $1+ billion asset bank or bank holding company.
- 5 years of experience as lead investment and asset/liability manager of a bank or bank holding company.
- 5 years experience Bank industry merger and acquisition analysis experience.
- 4-year degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- Prefer CPA, MBA, or CFA
You can email me directly at: Jarrad.emery[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.