Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As a Basis & System Administrator 2 you will provide application system administration support for Valero’s SAP systems and other business critical enterprise wide applications.
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders. You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Install, configure, upgrade, patch, and operate Valero’s SAP systems and business critical enterprise wide applications to maintain availability, optimal performance, and compliance with Valero standards.
- Proactively identify and assess any issues, perform troubleshooting, research solutions focusing on root cause.
- Participate in SAP-Basis on-call rotation.
Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skill
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- At least 2 years of SAP Basis experience.
The most competitive candidates will have :
- Understanding of SAP Basis Administration with one of the following technologies : SAP NetWeaver ABAP, SAP NetWeaver JAVA, or SAP S/4HANA.
- Knowledge of Non-SAP Java Application Server Administration to build skills for managing applications such as SoftwareAG WebMethods, Thompson OneSource, TriplePoint CXL, Apache Tomcat, and Oracle Weblogic.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding? Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- Beautiful wooded campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.