Under direct supervision, assists in the daily administration of the Company’s 401(k) Benefit Plans.
- Maintains working knowledge of and researches data from different sources to determine benefits information.
- Calculates and communicates benefits to current and former employees.
- Assists in the development of company’s 401(k) plan design and implementation for existing and acquired 401(k) plans.
- Develops and generates plan reports and ad-hoc reports for mandated regulatory testing.
- Acts as the liaison between employees and the plans’ record keepers.
- Researches and resolves Payroll, system interface, and other plan issues as needed.
- Participates in 401(k) related projects.
- Prepares and communicates information regarding 401(k) benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures.
- Analyzes and evaluates services, coverage, and options available to determine programs best meeting needs of organization.
- Provides customer service and answers 401(k) benefit questions regarding enrollment, contribution changes, funds available, loans, and financial hardship.
- Resolves problems related to access to or payment of benefits.
- Explains the consequences of choices made by plan participants.
- Coordinates transfer of data to external record keepers/vendors, plan providers, auditors, and consultants by processing of employee payroll.
- Prepares or provides data for government-mandated reports.
- Assists in preparation and coordination of audits of 401(k) benefit plans for compliance with government regulations.
- Maintains expert knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations.
- Audits 401(k) benefit plans for compliance and government regulations.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 year of professional-level Human Resources experience preferred.
- Experience in financial benefits and administering 401(k) plans preferred.
- Experience with financial background preferred.
- Certification in CEBS or other benefit certification programs preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.