Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Building the data pipeline using big data technologies
- More than 70%+ of the time spent on coding and/or hands-on technical implementation of scalable quality software solutions
- Lead the design, coding, and unit tests through consistent development practices with a focus on building CI/CD, automated testing, and monitoring
- Work with large, complex data sets (structured and semi-structured) to build data driven analytical products
- Experience with AWS Cloud services and technologies (such as EMR, Lambda, Glue, Athena, SNS, SQS)
- DevOps experience in Cloud infrastructure (such as by using Terraform and Python)
- Perform various technical aspects of software development for assigned tasks including design, developing prototypes, and coding assignments
- Lead thorough code reviews
- Lead the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across development, integration, and production environments
- Empower implementation teams by building scalable implementations by minimizing custom code per implementation
- All phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, data architecture, solution design, code development and testing
- Designing and implementing product features in collaboration with other technical teams, business and IT stakeholders
- Designing reusable technical frameworks, libraries and components
- Working very closely with Data Architecture group
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in Big Data Technologies (Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, SQL)
- 3+ years of experience in a programming language (preferably in Scala and/or Java, Python)
- 2+ years of experience in AWS Cloud technologies
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with Unix
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Big Data Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote