Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Senior Customer Service Representative is responsible for handling all incoming phone calls and for serving as the primary customer interface for departmental inquiries. This position will enhance customer satisfaction and clinic services by providing best-in-class telephone support in problem resolution for patients and marketing campaigns. The Senior Customer Service Representative will answer several phone queues.
- Manage calls for several incoming queues including WellMed Campaigns and corporate calls for all markets for general information. Assist as Corporate telephone operator by routing calls to appropriate personnel departments. Take reservations for upcoming events and track in Salesforce accordingly. Handle patient complaints by gathering information and notifying clinic administrator / coordinator / supervisor. Call patient to notify them of clinic contact. Call patient after resolution (24hrs). Accurately document all activities generated through inbound and outbound calls from any queue in SalesForce
- Follow the Campaign Call flow and offer call presentation as trained to inbound callers and to prospective patients who are contacted after an event to ensure they are educated about what WellMed is, what WellMed does and how WellMed can help them live healthier lives. Then, offer prospective patient the number to one of our trusted insurance agent partners and ask to check back with prospect in 2 – 3 days for follow up. All outbound calls require at least 3 attempts to contact the prospective patient. Patient Advocate will use an enthusiastic and professional tone when presenting the value of WellMed
- Accurately and completely enter information from Event Feedback Forms in Salesforce and information from contact forms collected at events
- When necessary, make outbound calls to new patients welcoming them to the clinic and answering any questions they may have regarding benefits and WM services
- Conduct patient surveys when needed
- Take incoming calls to coordinate or troubleshoot patient / provider issues / questions working with other departments as necessary for resolution. Conduct follow up call when appropriate to ensure patient/provider satisfaction
- Assist patients with changing PCP to a WellMed network provider whenever possible
- Look up patient demographic inquiries using multiple resources. Coordinate patient appointments, if requested
- Works with other departments to coordinate problem resolution
- Adheres to schedule, attendance, quality , and call performance goals
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED
- 2+ years of experience supporting a health care or customer service environment
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) language proficiency
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease.
- Experience with clinical processes and Medicare Advantage plans
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a varied customer base
- Ability to maintain professional and compassionate tone at all times
- Ability to navigate multiple computer applications and databases
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high call volume environment
- Willingness to work irregular hours as deemed necessary by business need
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Customer service, customer service rep, phone support, call center, data entry, bilingual, spanish, english, San Antonio, TX, Texas