Be a Part of the Nation’s Largest Rail Crew Transportation Company!
About PTI – “Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way”:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations. Taking place thousands of times a day, these trips can range from a few miles to a few hundred miles.
About the Position:
The Branch Manager is responsible for the operating performance of the individual PTI location(s) assigned to them. The Branch Manager will work to achieve both individual and Company goals and objectives while exceeding the customer’s needs for safe and reliable crew transportation needs. Safety is always our #1 priority and should be a main focus of our Branch Managers.
As a Branch Manager, you would be responsible for:
- Recruiting, selecting, and retaining a qualified workforce
- Properly training and educating all employees
- Coordinating the activities of your drivers (Scheduling, notifying dispatch, etc.)
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of your drivers
- Monitoring and making sure regular maintenance is done on all vehicles
- Maintaining a healthy employer/employee relationship not only with your employees but also with the railroad
- Maintaining the lines of communication between the company and the railroad
- Being responsive to the needs of Dispatch
- Meeting the needs and requests of the home office in Evansville, IN
- Promoting and practicing safety awareness
- Insuring that policies and procedures set forth by the company are followed
- Representing the company in a professional manner at all times
- Meeting or exceeding location(s) Goals and Objectives
*This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
- Medical Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Vacation Time
- Safety Recognition Awards And Incentives
- Drug Free Work Force
- On The Job Training
- Discounted Cellphone Plans
- Bonus Opportunities
To keep our employees and customers safe, PTI is following CDC recommended guidelines including:
- social distancing when available,
- wearing face coverings while transporting our customers, entering PTI and customer facilities, and in common places where social distancing guidelines can’t be met,
- and regularly cleaning and sanitizing office spaces, vehicles, and other high touch areas.
We also provide wipes and sanitizers at our branch office locations for sanitizing company vehicles and office spaces where applicable. Currently, we are requiring all PTI employees wear face coverings while on the clock, transporting our customers, and while visiting branch office locations.