Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Business Analyst, Operations in San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to provide strategic business analysis services to the Operations division and support ongoing development of the Salesforce platform. This position will work closely with Operations leadership and management to gain an in-depth understanding of the strategy, process, services, roadmap, and the context in which the business unit operates.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Support multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation, managing project scope, adjusting schedules as needed, determining daily priorities, ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones, follows proper escalation paths, and manages customer and supplier relationships.
- Understand and develop process flows related to Operational procedures and systems, including key decision points. Analyze process flows with the goal of identifying opportunities for improvement, re-engineering, and/or elimination.
- Serve as a Salesforce administrator in an environment with 1500+ users
- Handle basic Salesforce administrative functions including reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks.
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams.
- Perform both certification and/or user acceptance testing and/or coordination for changes affecting the assigned stakeholders.
- Research, document, and troubleshoot new issues within the platform assigned, ensuring fixes are adequately addressing root issues and updates are communicated with affective users.
- Work with business users and IT teams comprised of varying backgrounds to produce deliverables which meet business needs whilst aligning with the direction or vision of the strategy team.
- Completes ongoing extracurricular research, training, and other activities to keep apprised of the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Produces proofs of concept to better demonstrate potential and/or proposed solutions to both business stakeholders and IT review boards, ensuring alignment with overall organizational vision and immediate business needs.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field is preferred. However will consider a combination of experience and education in lieu of a degree with specialized coursework, training, or experience in information technology and data analysis.
- Minimum of three (3) year of experience performing business analysis, working with large amounts of complex data, and developing workflows.
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience as a system administrator on Salesforce Sales or Service cloud strongly preferred (experience with Financial Services cloud preferred).
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience with Salesforce Lightning strongly preferred.
- Experience with eliciting and documenting both functional and non-functional technical requirements in financial services setting is required
This position will not supervise employees
Licenses and Certifications
Salesforce Admin or Advanced Admin certification highly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.