Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As a Business Intelligence Support Specialist, you will provide support for Valero’s business intelligence tools and systems. You will foster relationships with business users to ensure their information needs are being met and provide timely resolution to their issues. You will help design, implement and support enterprise reporting solutions to our core business units. This role primarily uses SAP HANA, BW, and Business Object to support the business intelligence needs of the business by working in close collaboration with other teams, end-users, and other IS departments to meet the company’s goals.
Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks while serving the needs of our employees, communities, and stakeholders.
To contribute toward these goals and be successful in this role, the candidate should :
- Thrive in a close-knit culture that values teamwork and collaboration.
- Enjoy working independently and taking on new challenges.
- Be motivated and enjoy making positive impacts as a part of a collaborative team.
- Embrace continuous growth and learning new technologies and techniques as the environment evolves.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to get involved and add value.
- Build strong relationships across IS and business teams.
- Bring attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills.
- Provide top-quality customer service.
- Stay organized and multi-task effectively.
- Communicate effectively through oral and written methods.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of business or technical experience utilizing SAP BW and/or SAP HANA.
- Minimum 5 years of SAP BusinessObjects and Microsoft Power BI development, configuration and performance tuning.
- Basic skills using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Skype).
The most competitive candidates will have :
- Refinery industry experience.
- Customer support experience.
- SAPS/4HANA experience.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding?
Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- The sprawling campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
The above description reflects the primary job function and may not include all detailed job functions performed in the role.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.