If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life’s best work. (sm)
Ideal candidates are creative self-starters with experience in project coordination roles and product delivery. In this role you will need high emotional intelligence to maintain composure and navigate conflict or challenging client situations. You need strong interpersonal communication skills in order to build positive relationships, use tact in sensitive situations; listen well to various points of view; relate well to others at all levels. You will need the ability to work in a high-performing, fast-paced, collaborative environment with limited supervision, you must possess a high degree of self-motivation, versatility, and flexibility.
The Business Process Analyst is directly responsible for coordinating the intake, development, and delivery of education projects of moderate to medium complexity by working with content creators, team leaders, stakeholders, and senior leaders. The position will also own the tracking, analysis, and reporting of program metrics, and will support the development and implementation of education initiatives and internal operational projects.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage the execution of education development, and delivery (e.g., status updates, reporting, risk management)
- Analyze large volumes of data and gather facts to improve strategy through processes or systems
- Develop key documentation, including but not limited to process mapping/workflows, charters, standard operating procedures, work plans, project team agendas/minutes, etc.
- Track key metrics, mitigation strategies, and resource capacity
- Develop and interpret reports that lead to actionable approaches by multiple segments of the business including operationally and clinically focused leaders
- Identify and recommend ways to improve overall organizational performance, based on analytics and knowledge of the business
- Lead meetings to drive execution of initiatives
- Coordinate/facilitate communications between the internal team and broader Optum teams (e.g., technology, legal and compliance, broader Clinical Performance stakeholders and process participants, executive sponsors), maintain ongoing contact with clients to identify and address emerging issues/concerns
- Leverage and contribute to the applicable knowledge repositories (e.g., Content Management Systems, SharePoint documentation, MS Teams, analysis tools, project toolkits)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you a clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5+ years of data management, manipulation, and analysis with the ability to leverage data to support the development of ongoing strategies
- 4+ years of solid project management experience and successful project delivery
- 3+ years of experience in successfully delivering on operational projects in a matrix environment
- Experience effectively documenting processes and prioritizing multiple tasks, priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Comfortable with the development of report outs and presentation to management
- 10% travel - Nationwide - Team Meetings when required
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination before employment to ensure compliance
- Experience working with Care Delivery Organizations
- Experience with an educational organization; supporting content creation, content delivery, and education operations
- Knowledge of Risk Adjustment, CMS 5 Star, HEDIS, and other Pay for Performance Programs
- Working knowledge of Optum businesses
- Excellent organizational skills along with written and verbal communication
- Ability to work well independently and within a virtual team environment
- Adaptable and flexible, with the ability to handle ambiguity and changing priorities
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to 118,300. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Education Solutions Sr Business Process Analyst , Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote