The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions (CSS) Operations within the Intelligence Group of Leidos is searching for a Capture Manager to focus on high value capture opportunities (>$150M), responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities in the intelligence community marketplace. This role requires an ethical approach to winning, comprehensive business acumen, technical understanding and/or education, resourcefulness to manage process driven captures, and internal/external customer relations-oriented individual. This position requires the ability to collaborate effectively with business development, functional and line management personnel as well as considerable negotiation skills. Candidate must have a proven record of winning new and follow-on business in federal intelligence market. The position will report to the Vice President of Business Development Operations and Strategy.
The successful candidate assumes responsibility for developing and executing the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort. Duties include orchestrating all aspects of the bid strategy including cost/price strategy and position to win, providing oversight of the development all proposal volumes, creating capture teams and fostering a culture of winning ethically.
Candidate must follow corporate processes for business development and capture management. This will include working closely with the responsible business development leads, supporting the transition from opportunity identification into capture, assembling a capture team and managing the capture team to successful contract bids and wins, contacting existing clients and partners, communicating the organization’s core capabilities, establishing internal and external teaming and effective efficient shepherding of new business funds. Additional responsibilities include: Developing (with technical and SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities; managing relationships with partners and corporate staff for proposed solution development; participating in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews. Capture involves effective transfer from identification and qualification to pre-proposal and proposal efforts as well as post-proposal to award responsiveness and hot start transition to the program team. The Capture Manager is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes and must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written. The Capture Manager will also conduct after-action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
This position is physically located in the Columbia, MD office.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- Candidates must possess an active Top Secret clearance with SCI
- Experience in capturing large business development programs (>$150M Total Contract Value) with emphasis on opportunity qualification and shaping into solution and proposal submission
- Excellent communications skills – demonstrated through written and oral presentations, development of technical papers, volumes, or similar products
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations
- Proven record of success managing capture efforts within the Intelligence Community (winning single award >$150M pursuits as capture manager)
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal materials
- Experience with SIGINT and CYBER domains and intelligence tradecraft approaches across disciplines
- Prior business development experience in the Intel Community market
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships with technical staff, division managers, and peers across the corporation
- Possess business and technical vision
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess analytical presentation and problem solving skills
- Current Polygraph desired or willingness to sit for polygraph.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.