Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Career Services Coordinator
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Build effective relationships with local and regional employers, non-profits, government organizations and community partners to identify employment opportunities for students and alumni;
- Develop and implement plans and strategies to achieve graduate employment goals;
- Conduct site visits for the express purpose of enhancing existing relationships with employers / sites and establishing new partnership opportunities;
- Locate new employment sites, maintain contact with employers, and coordinate placement activities (resume submittals, interviews, etc.). Document all employer relations activities in Student Administrative System;
- Maintain a database of employment opportunities and resource library, including career guidance references, employment literature, and related information;
- Coordinate panel discussions with industry experts for student/graduate attendance;
- Attend industry-related networking events to build potential employer database;
- Plan and conduct meetings and/or workshops on job search topics for students and alumni;
- Coordinate and attend Job / Career Fairs; participate in campus and off-campus events, including graduation and marketing events;
- Actively maintain an awareness of employment and industry trends and discuss research with Career Services and Education department as appropriate;
- Maintain contact with graduates by generating follow-up calls, e-mails, texts, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree and five years of related experience preferred;
- Minimum 2 years practical work experience required;
- Experience in career services preferred or employment background in any of the following: job placement at a vocational school, college, or university; staffing agency, recruiter; government sponsorship agency; or marketing/sales;
- Access to reliable transportation with ability and willingness to travel;
- Familiarity with the local job market.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.