LK Jordan & Associates
Could this be YOU? Or someone you know?
As part of our never-ending search for the best talent in San Antonio we have been engaged to identify a CDL/ Laborer for a well know company in the San Antonio and surrounding areas .
Perform tasks involving physical labor at building, highway, and heavy construction projects, tunnel and shaft excavations, and demolition sites. May assist other craft workers.
Essential Functions may include, but are not limited to:
1. Operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
2. Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
3. Build and position forms for pouring concrete, and dismantle forms after use, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts.
4. Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
5. Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, and compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
6. Operate jackhammers and drills to break up concrete or pavement.
7. Tend pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
8. Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
9. Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
10. Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
11. Lubricate, clean, and repair machinery, equipment, and tools.
1. Valid class C driver license.
2. Ability to travel weekly for projects located out of town.
1. Previous highway construction or equipment operator experience a plus.
2. Class A or B commercial license preferred.
1. Ability to learn construction practices and use of tools and equipment in construction.
2. Basic mathematical skills.
3. Ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
4. Ability to comprehend and apply oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to complete work accurately, timely, and safely under minimal supervision.
For a Confidential Conversation regarding this outstanding career opportunity please contact:
Roy Campbell | 210.541.0471 or to apply please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Our most successful Candidates come from referrals, so if this position doesn t look like a great opportunity for you - but you happen to know or have coached this special talent - please forward this email to them or refer me their name in confidence. Thank you for your consideration!