Methodist Hospital Texsan
Certified Medical Technologist II
PRN Non Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory Department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Certified Medical Technologist II to join our team who is responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease, analyzing and assuming accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs.
In this role, the Certified Medical Technologist II will:
- Perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
- Analyze test results - demonstrate knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- Understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance; troubleshoot and take corrective action. Demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
- Understand, perform, and practice quality control to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required. Communicate any relevant QC information to supervisor/lead tech.
- Review, write or modify departmental procedures or policies.
- Meet timeliness for gaining skills. Satisfactorily complete competency checklist for this position. Assume responsibility for own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- A minimum of 15 years of clinical lab experience is required for those with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- For those with an Associate’s degree, a minimum 2 years of experience in a clinical lab setting is required.
- Clinical lab experience is preferred for those with a Bachelor's degree.
- One of the following certifications is required: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), CLT(NCA), MLT(ASCP), or MLT(AMT). The certification requirement is waived for those with 5 years of lab experience.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is a full service 120 bed acute care hospital specializing as one of South Texas’s premier heart and orthopedic hospitals. As an advanced center for cardiac care, we are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services including research and clinical trials. Using state-of-the-art technology such as our robotics program, our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry.
Methodist Hospital Texsan is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. We have also received the Heart Care Center National Distinction of Excellence award – the highest recognition a hospital can receive. Our excellence extends to our ICU which was awarded the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence. Our Level IV trauma emergency service is a leader in San Antonio in patient experience and efficiency. Our 30 bed Inpatient Rehab Unit has received the Rehabilitation Stroke Certification from the Joint Commission. Methodist Hospital Texsan has also been recognized by Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row and was a recipient of the 2019 Guardian of Excellence Award® by Press Ganey. For more information please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Texsan under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.