Sonterra Healthcare Center is currently seeking a Certified Medication Aide. Are you craving to work in a healthcare setting where you’re not only valued, but appreciated and have the respect from your supervisors and co- workers as well as patients/residents you’re caring for? Then we are the place for you!
6 AM - 10 PM; Saturday and Sunday
As the Certified Medication Aide you are responsible for administrating prescribed medications to residents and maintain related medical records under supervision of Director of Nursing by performing the following duties.
- Provides medications and treatments through proper administration procedures.
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration in resident's chart.
- Takes vital signs or observes resident to identify response to medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
- Receives supply of ordered medications for administration.
- Records and restocks medication inventories.
- Counts narcotics at the beginning and end of shift and records on appropriate forms. Notifies Director of Nursing immediately of any discrepancies.
- Assists residents in activities of daily living as needed and as appropriate.
- Responds to call lights in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance to charge nurses with the cleanliness of the nursing station, medication room and supply room.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Preferred one (1) year of previous health care experience.
- Valid certification as a CMA in the state of employment. Valid certification as a CNA in the state of employment.
- One year of nursing assistant experience, including administering medications in a long term care environment preferred.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life Insurance
- 401 (k) Plan and Matching
- Employee Discounts on Cell Phone service, Hotels, Movie Tickets, etc.
- Vacation Time, Holiday Pay and Sick Time
- Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
Sonterra Health Center is a modern, state-of-the-art care center, conveniently located at 18514 Sonterra Place. Our North San Antonio location provides easy access from North Loop 1604 and serves the San Antonio and surrounding areas. We feature 124 beds and beautiful spacious rooms in both private and semi-private settings.
We’re always looking for exceptional professionals to join our team, so if you’re looking to make a change to work at a truly remarkable place, we encourage you to apply.
Sonterra Health Center
18514 Sonterra Place
San Antonio, TX 78258
Unable to apply at the moment, or are you interested in hearing more about future opportunities with us? Join our talent network at ensignservices.jobs.net/join