- Establish, communicate, and enforce organizational accounting and reporting standards to maintain company's compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and legal/regulatory requirements.Stay abreast of current literature, current events, and FASB and regulatory pronouncements accordingly.
- With the Controller, establish and maintain an appropriate and effective company-wide internal control structure based on criteria for effective internal control over financial reporting as stipulated by COSO guidelines (Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission), current auditing standards, and current legal/regulatory standards.Stay abreast of current literature, current events, and industry and regulatory pronouncements accordingly.
- As directed by the Audit and Compliance Review Committee, coordinate the engagement of external auditors (recommendation of firms, and negotiation of fees).With the Internal Auditor and Controller, coordinate activities of external auditors and the company to complete annual financial audits.
- Review income, expense, funding, and asset efficiency trends (company-wide, within lines of business, and within product lines) to identify and help exploit opportunities for improvement.
- Monitor and manage capital adequacy and productivity to optimize returns for shareholders.
- Review company financial statements and profitability reports to ensure their ongoing propriety and to help facilitate their interpretation within the organization.
- Provide financial analysis and business decision support to senior managers and business line managers, to help them make resource allocation and other ongoing business decisions as needed.
- Monitor business operations, evaluate business performance, and identify opportunities to enhance revenue generation, cost containment, and resource optimization.
- Prepare monthly analyses of organizational performance for the Board of Directors, senior management, and ALCO to explain performance variances and trends.
- Oversee preparation of Monthly Performance Review and Quarterly Financial Review reporting packages for disseminating financial performance information to the Board, senior management, and others internally.
- Assemble and deliver presentations about the company's performance (quarterly for the Board of Directors and company officers; annually for shareholders; occasionally as needed for employees and other stakeholders).
- With the Controller, oversee the account structure and hierarchy of the general ledger (and cost center hierarchies) for the company and all subsidiaries. Ensure that posting and reconciliation procedures are proper and timely for all general ledger accounts.
- Ensure Finance Department's accurate and timely completion of Federal Reserve, FFIEC, OCC, and FDIC regulatory reports and filings, as and when required.
- Oversee the tax function of the company. With the Controller, manage external tax firm and internal processes to ensure accurate and timely completion of federal income tax, state franchise tax, local property tax, and other tax filings, as and when required. Ensure proper accrual and reporting of current and deferred tax liabilities in accordance with GAAP and government pronouncements.
- Consult with external tax firm and other tax consultants to identify tax law opportunities and then employ appropriate strategies that will optimize corporate and shareholder income taxes, state franchise taxes, and local property taxes. Stay abreast of current literature, current events, and tax law changes accordingly.
- Manage the company's insurance program so that risks and assets are insured to protect the company from major loss. Work with agents and consultants to obtain appropriate coverage from reputable companies at competitive prices. Coordinate claims reporting with carriers, and interactions and settlements with claims adjusters. Annually provide a report about the insurance program to the Board of Directors.
- With the Business Performance Financial Analyst and other senior managers, coordinate the company's annual budgeting process.Incorporate strategic plan initiatives, establish key assumptions, help facilitate data collection and business unit collaboration, review and analyze compiled forecasts, coordinate iterative revisions, and present final results to the Board of Directors and senior management.
- Serve as management liaison to the Board's Audit & Compliance Review Committee to assist them with their oversight function regarding adequacy of internal control and integrity of financial reporting.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Asset/Liability Committee (ALCO), with input to help the company measure, monitor, and manage interest rate risk; optimize balance sheet productivity; and enhance income performance.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Investment Committee, with input to help manage the company's liquidity and optimize its after-tax return on excess funds.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Strategic Committee, to help evaluate, prioritize, and optimize the company's products, services, information systems, and other technological resources.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Acquisition Committee, to help the company identify, evaluate, prioritize, and implement growth opportunities via acquisition.
- Serve as a contributing member of the Strategic Planning Council, to help identify, prioritize, and implement key strategic initiatives that will fulfill the company's mission and enhance future growth and profitability.
- With the Controller and Internal Auditor, serve as liaison with the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the Federal Reserve for financial reporting matters (regulatory enforcement and examinations), application filings (branching, mergers, etc.), and other similar matters.
- Promote increased employee understanding across the company with regard to the financial realities and drivers that impact company financial performance, and what can be done to improve that performance.
- Update and administer company policies that govern organizational spending practices, shareholder earnings distributions, the company's insurance program, and other company activities as appropriate.
- Based on organizational needs and expected outcomes, provide leadership to plan and coordinate strategic initiatives of the Finance Department.Develop budgets and manage resources efficiently, initiate system and process improvements, evaluate the composition and quality of staffing, and provide for additional training as needed.
- Supervise and support the Controller with her duties managing activities and staff for the accounting, tax, and financial and regulatory reporting functions of the company.
- Supervise and support the Business Performance Financial Analyst with his duties as the primary analyst of business performance data and coordinator of the company's budgeting process.
- Supervise and support the Customer Information Analyst with his duties to generate customer profitability information and to administer and support the bank's customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Supervise and support the Process Improvement Coordinator with his duties to promote and sustain a continuous company-wide program of process improvement that will increase customer satisfaction, reduce operating complexity and costs, and improve productivity and efficiency across the company.
- Supervise and support the Project Management Coordinator in her duties to help the company utilize effective tools and techniques that will ensure optimal resource management and successful outcomes for important projects.
- Formally evaluate the performance of direct reports annually, recommend salary adjustments accordingly, and provide for their ongoing additional professional development as needed.
- Engage in ongoing self-development to enhance technical and professional knowledge and to improve leadership skills and competencies.
- Handle ongoing accounting and reporting tasks for sensitive reward and incentive plans for senior management.
- Assist other company managers with analytical tasks and special projects as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.