Skilled leader who creates and implements the people strategy and sets the organization’s direction through talent by effectively managing and engaging company employees. The Chief People Officer oversees recruiting, hiring, onboarding, compensation, benefits, training, professional development, performance management, employee performance review process, employee engagement, and culture development.
Reports directly to the CEO with one direct report and supports an organization with 120+ staff members.
- Minimum of 10 years leading an HR function and managing direct reports, preferably with a mix of experience in both large and small organizations. Experience working with a non-profit organization is a plus.
- Must be able to thoroughly assess existing processes, make recommendations for improvements and independently create, implement and maintain improvements.
- Excellent conflict resolution and listening skills, with a keen understanding of how to navigate different groups of stakeholders with divergent interests
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate core people-related issues
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
Recruiting and Hiring:
- Works closely with CEO and other top executives to strategically determine staffing and training needs
- Develops and implements recruiting and hiring strategies
- Creates and implements the onboarding process for new employees
- Oversees the employment process from beginning to end
Employee Benefits Administration:
- Oversees and ensures that employee benefits are comprehensive, competitive, and in alignment with
Company’ s business goals and mission
- Oversees administration of employee compensation and benefits
- Leads the evaluation of HR vendors and benefits packages
Employee Performance Management:
- Addresses capability or capacity gaps through assessments, both qualitative and quantitative
- Develops, oversees and ensures consistency in staff performance management and feedback processes
- Oversees administration of employment policies
- Implements updated evaluation processes and tools to improve performance management process.
Training and Professional Development:
- Creates and implements strategies for training and developing employees in both technical and non-technical skill areas.
Employee Engagement and Culture Development:
- Directs and oversees the employee engagement process including working with the CEO and peers to develop and implement action plans that will improve overall engagement.
- Maintains positive staff interactions through effective communication and issue resolution
- Develops and implements strategies to improve employee retention
- Develops and Implements employee engagement strategies
- Develops and Implements, tracks and manages employee surveys and updated strategies
- Leads rewards and recognition programs for company employees
- Leads and shares best practices and methodology to strengthen Company diversity and inclusion
HR Process and Systems:
- Manages the day-to-day human resources operations
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Works with external vendors and partners to provide human resources support, research and analysis for internal processes and/or improvement opportunities.
Must have minimum a bachelor’s degree (B.A or B. S) in Human Resources, Administration, Organizational Leadership, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Must have minimum of 10 years of experience at an HR executive level.
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and/or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification.