Company Solutions is searching for a Chief Security Architect to provide essential expertise to a mission critical program that assists the Defense Health Agency transformation of the MHS IT services with exciting and dynamic technology and process changes enabling the DHA to modernize the way IT services are integrated, delivered, coordinated, and consumed by MTFs across the globe. This innovative, proactive, mission focused framework will support the DHA's continued advancement of the world’s best ready medical force. Come be part of the challenge!
PURPOSE of POSITION:
The Chief Security Architect is responsible for the Information Security Management and Risk Management practices, including the On-Going Program of Security Planning. Chief Security Architect coordinates cyber security and risk management activities across the Integrated Service Providers, including adherence to security policies and compliance. Chief Security Architect serves as the primary liaison to DHA Cyber Security Division (CSD) for the program.
The Chief Security Architect is responsible for the Information Security management and Risk management practices, including Security Planning. Chief Security Architect coordinates cyber security and risk management activities across the Integrated Service Providers, including adherence to security policies and compliance. Chief Security Architect serves as the primary liaison to DHA Cyber Security Division (CSD) and the enterprise environment.
The Chief Security Architect works closely with client security staff (e.g., CISO/ISSO) to ensure effective integration of security infrastructure, effective monitoring with client information systems and the IT infrastructure and monitoring of suspicious behavior to include investigation, triage, containment, eradication, recovery, and performance of lessons-learned. The Chief Security Architect monitors policy and technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with federal, industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements and understands the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluates the impact of changes or additions. The Chief Security Architect manages the budget for the security team, and the procurement (selection, trade-off analyses, licenses, and EOL/EOS) for security products.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversight of the security operations and risk management team on day-to-day monitoring, projects/issues, development needs, customer project requirements, budgets, and staffing.
- Cultivates innovation allowing for new and better ways for the company to be successful.
- Develops strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions.
- Collaborates well with cross functional executive-level peers; able to drive collaborative decisions when consensus is lacking.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years’ experience in a technical field or management or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong experience leading/managing large teams of IT professionals in a 24x7 environment.
- Strong communications and written skills required.
- Expert knowledge of NIST 800 series.
- Experience interfacing with all levels of management and customer executives.
- Technology lifecycle management experience.
- Expert knowledge of security incident and problem management processes.
- Previous experience of managing a security operations organization and building a multi-year improvement strategy.
- Track record of coaching, mentoring employees and in creating a successful succession plan.
- Experience with developing/managing to performance metrics (SLAs) to ensure service delivery requirements are met per customers SOW/RFP.
- Knowledge of organizational change management, leading, designing and executing strategic organizational changes.
- Previously worked in US government or commercial datacenter environments.
- Knowledge of IT technologies and applications.
- Knowledge of Cloud and DevSecOps delivery/service model.
- Knowledge of datacenter infrastructure technologies such as VMware, Linux, UNIX, Windows (servers/desktops), storage solutions, and backup/recovery.
- Experience with multi-zone architectures – e.g., consisting of presentation, application, data and management zones.
- Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL management concepts.
- Experience managing large procurements and budgets.
- Must be US Citizen and able to attain a Secret security clearance.
SCOPE of POSITION:
This position reports to Chief Architect. This position is responsible for establishing work unit goals and the execution of departmental plans. Provides leadership to and reviews the work of professional and supervisory level subordinates in order to accomplish operational plans and results. Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to subordinates to meet service and budget targets. Contributes to the development of an operating plan and budget. Responsible for managing to a budget. Build teams by coaching and developing staff.
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.