Kforce has a client in San Antonio, TX that is seeking a Cisco Network Administrator.
In this role, the Cisco Network Administrator assists with the system design, installation, troubleshooting and security of complex Cisco voice and data networks that link numerous computing platforms, operating systems, and network topologies. The Cisco Network Administrator provides support for system fault management, performance management, and system configuration management. This role provides support for the setup, implementation and administration of various credit union owned applications and processes. Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Assure prompt response to and recovery from systems and network related production interruptions, across multiple hardware platforms, networks and operating systems
- Ensure uninterrupted service of VOIP networks and hardware, Unity voice mail, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco UCCX software
- Install all software and hardware per Credit Union standards. Develop, implement, and document configurations and changes as applicable to environment
- Maintain accurate records for hardware and software inventory, maintenance, and registration, ensuring compliance with software licensing
- Ensure server backups are performed per schedule and test recoverability of data
- Ensure network and telecommunication users, user environment and directories are established, updated and maintained on a regular basis
- Perform moves, adds, and changes and provide support for credit union voice systems
- Attend work-related courses and seminars and pursue a program of leadership and self- development
- Completes required annual internal compliance Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) training with a passing grade of 80% or higher. Completes required Red Flags Program requirements to include documentation of discrepancy resolution as needed