D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Civil Designer. The right candidate will be responsible for providing civil engineering design support for residential and site development projects. The Civil Designer will also assist in coordinating the overall technical design efforts with the project team, as well as ensure that the design is in compliance with applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of site and residential projects of moderate complexity in relation to overall site drainage, grading, and infrastructure constraints
- Develop, modify and review models, plans, details and drawings of civil engineering systems and components according to established standards
- Produce comprehensive set of construction plan drawings for agency permitting and approvals with minimal supervision
- Produce topographical profiles from existing survey data and create detailed surfaces for earthwork calculations and comparisons
- Prepare quantity take-offs from conceptual drawings and final construction plans
- Inform Project Manager(s) of progress on assigned projects and communicate any technical design concerns
- Work under guidance of engineers or senior designers to complete assigned work within budgeted timeframes
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Train and mentor CAD Technicians
- Maintain extensive knowledge of CAD standards and advanced Civil 3D functionality
- Ability to work overtime
- Ability to travel overnight
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- Certification in CAD software
- Extensive Civil 3D experience required with at least 4 years of experience in site or residential land development design
- Ability to provide attention to detail and thoroughness in completing various design and drafting tasks
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written oral form or via DRH applications
- Willingness to learn and expand responsibilities
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Vision and Dental
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time and Company Holidays
Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America’s Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Follow us on social media @hortoncareers for an inside look at our company and connect with us on LinkedIn for up to date job listings!
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
Job Posting: Jul 22, 2022, 3:06:09 PM