Vickrey & Associates, LLC., (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) has an immediate opportunity for a Civil Engineer with specific interests in Transportation and H&H (Hydraulic & Hydrologic) projects. This is an excellent opportunity to continue enhancing your career with a well-established, collaborative and growing firm!
The candidate will work in a team that provides roadway, street, hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, stormwater management, infrastructure design, utility engineering and transportation PS&E packages in support of public infrastructure projects. This candidate will additionally have the opportunity to perform as a team leader with highly-driven professionals.
- Drainage design for transportation projects such as roads and bridges, including hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, riverine and urban systems, regional drainage studies, and FEMA LOMCs
- Roadway and street design for City and local municipalities.
- Development of preliminary plans through final construction plans and specifications in accordance with TxDOT and local municipalities standards
- Design of highway storm drainage systems
- Assume both leadership and supporting roles in project assignments
- Coordinate and manage daily activities/scheduling of various assigned projects
- Communicate and interact effectively with project team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Agricultural Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT) required (PE preferred)
- Experience in MicroStation tools and PS&E packages
- Professional Engineer (Texas license preferred or be in position to obtain registration through reciprocity)
- 2+ years of related experience with transportation & infrastructure design, ArcView, and production of construction drawings
- Experience in performing analyses using hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) models such as Geopak Drainage, HY-8, HEC-RAS, Hydraflow, PondPack, Win TR-55, HEC-HMS Geopak drainage a plus
- Organized, motivated, and passionate in field of expertise
- Candidate must be able to pass a drug screen, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company’s driving (MVR) policy.
Vickrey & Associates, LLC, (an ESP Associates, Inc. company) is a full-service civil engineering, environmental consulting, and landscape architecture firm. Vickrey provides planning, project management, civil design, construction administration, surveying & geospatial solutions to both the private and public sectors. Vickrey serves the land development, transportation, public works, power delivery, and governmental market sectors throughout Texas and the United States. Our corporate headquarters is located in San Antonio, Texas with branch offices in Austin and McAllen, Texas.
Vickrey offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Paid-Time Off (PTO) & Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan