The Workers' Compensation Adjuster III is responsible for prompt and efficient investigation, evaluation and settlement or declination of insurance claims through effective research, negotiation and interaction with insureds, claimants and medical providers. The Adjuster III is often, though not always, assigned to larger or more complex claims than an Adjuster I or II. Maintains a solid understanding of AmTrust’s mission, vision, and values. Upholds the standards of AmTrust and the Claims organization
- Follows AmTrust policies and procedures in managing claims.
- Investigates the claim and coverage by making timely and appropriate contact with involved or interested parties including but not limited to the insured, claimant, witnesses and medical providers.
- Evaluates, establishes, maintains and adjusts reserves based on fact, company standard and experience.
- Skillfully negotiates claims, turning adverse perspectives into quick resolution. Gains trust of other parties to negotiations and demonstrates good sense of timing. Approaches discussions from merits or strengths of case.
- Leverages strong critical thinking and decision-making skills to gather, assess, analyze, question, verify, interpret and understand key or root issues.
- Establishes effective relationships with internal or assigned counsel for customized defense plan. Applies company principles and standards including planning, organizing and monitoring legal panel services and cost in partnership with internal legal counsel.
- Communicates with internal managed care and medical resources to ensure coordination with medical providers, injured workers and employers in developing return to work strategies and treatment plans.
- Obtain medical records (past and present), police, ambulance and other agency reports as required.
- Provides insights and input when reviewing claims of others. May be sought out by others for advice.
- Writes in a clear, succinct and fact-based manner in claims files as well as in other communication.
- Manages mail and diary entries effectively and efficiently.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Performs other functional duties as requested or required.
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a great work environment, competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical and Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, and Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust Financial Services is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity.