Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. (sm)
The Clinic Administrator provides leadership, direction and administration of operations to ensure accomplishment of clinic and organizational objectives. Directs, supervises and coordinates the overall operation of the clinic and staff.
Directs, supervises, coordinates specific functions and activities of clinic, including systems, policies and procedures, human resources, support services, etc.
Assists the Medical Director in the development and marketing of new services and referral sources
Facilitates the employment, development and management of employees
Promotes the provision of cost-effective, high-quality health care services to patients
Cooperates with medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
Reviews operational problems / policies and recommends solutions and change to Medical Director
Collaborates with Medical Director in the preparation and implementation of quarterly budgets. Recommends funding based on knowledge of policies, costs, and operating practices
Represents clinic at public and professional meetings and conferences
Participates in clinic communication and public relations programs
Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep pace with the trends in health care administration
Performs other related duties which may be inclusive, but not listed in position job description
General McMullen is located near Castroville/ Cupples and Las Palm Shopping Ctr., 78207
25% travel Local and Non-Local travel is required as determined by the business, supporting several providers and support staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Nursing or related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of healthcare administration experience, including one year of supervisory experience
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of health care administration, clinic philosophy and policies and operating procedures
- Knowledge of fiscal management systems
- Knowledge of human resource management practices including supervision and staff development
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and reimbursement standards
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision making
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationship with staff, Senior Management, patients, vendors, and payers, public
- Skill in organizing work to achieve clinic goals and objectives
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data
- Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports
- Ability to monitor compliance standards
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Supervisory experience within a clinic setting
- Current unrestricted Vocational Nurse license for applicable state of employment
- Professional healthcare license or certification
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi - specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Clinic Administrator, CA , Practice, RN, LVN/LPN, Management, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, Floresville, Helotes, TX, Texas