Do you havecompassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare andmillions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and thepassion you bring to achieve your life's bestwork.(sm)
The Clinic Operations RN forPrimary Care Medical Home (PCMH) coordinates, implements, and supports theday-to-day activities needed to effectively execute clinical initiatives, programsand processes, promote Joint Commission & PCMH accreditation standards, andsupport the creation & sustainment of evidence-based tools, policies,standing delegation orders and standards of practice. Additionally, thisposition will provide a wide variety of collaborative support for Enterprise ClinicalOperations to ensure applicable program requirements and operational processesare met. This position will proactively work across the organization to driveshort- and long-term operational success of program initiatives.
- Assist Enterprise Clinical Operations leadership and other relateddepartments in the implementation of program initiatives and processes thatsupport care delivery, patient safety, and quality of care in the clinicsetting including planning, development, coordination, multi-disciplinarycollaboration, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop and support the dissemination and education of evidence-basedtools, resources, policies and procedures, standing delegation orders andstandard operating procedures that impact caredelivery and support clinical decision support systems.
- Support PCMH Manager to oversee nursing educational forums andstrategies that ensure quality, safe nursing practice and utilization in theclinic setting.
- Collaborate with internal and/or external customers (e.g., businesspartners, clinical staff, physicians, Care Management, and other organizationalleaders) to support Joint Commission standards and Patient Centered MedicalHome (PCMH) care model principles and efforts.
- Act as subject matter expert for Joint Commission standards, PCMHprinciples, scope of practice, and regulatory requirements related to caredelivery and practice.
- Participate in efforts to identify, propose and evaluate targetedadmission and readmission rates, health outcomes, patient satisfaction interventions,staff burnout and ambulatory care sensitive conditions, and identify and/ordevelop process tools and resources to support related care delivery.
- Evaluate and communicate identified opportunities to improve processesor tools to appropriate team members with solution options for consideration.
- Obtain input and feedback from stakeholders during Joint Commission,PCMH, Operations, Health and Safety, and other relevant meetings.
- Deliver formal presentations related to proposals/recommendations tobuild support for the PCMH initiative, reduce nurse role ambiguity and enhancecare delivery and practice standards.
- Perform all other relatedduties as assigned.
You'llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree inNursing, Healthcare Administration or a related field required.
- Registered Nurse withactive, unencumbered nursing license.
- Minimum 4years clinicalexperience in a healthcare environment required.
- Independent problem identification/resolutionand decision making skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan and handlemultiple tasks and demands simultaneously.
- Work with minimal guidance; seeks guidance ononly the most complex tasks.
- 1+ year experience withtracking, planning projects, and making data-driven analytical decisions.
- Intermediate level ofproficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Five or more years of Healthcareor clinic operations experience.
- Knowledge or participationwith process improvement activities.
- All of the above
Physical & Mental Requirements:
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
Ability to pushor pull heavy objects using up to pounds of force Ability to sit for extendedperiods of time
Ability to stand for extended periods oftime
Ability to usefine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery Ability toproperly drive and operate a company vehicle
Ability toreceive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing Ability to uselogical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates ahealthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativeAction employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is adrug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test beforebeginning employment.