If you are located in Greater New Orleans Metro Area, Northshore Area and Baton Rouge Area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges. This role is telecommute, however it may be necessary to come into the office
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
What you do matters. And who you do it for matters even more. If you're looking for more meaningful impact, you should take a serious look at our growing organization. Since our founding in the mid - 90's, Peoples Health has brought innovation and compassion to Medicare patients throughout Louisiana. Now, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our team consists of over 900 people who are experienced in all aspects of care delivery, health maintenance and administrative support. It's our goal to help guide over 60,000 Medicare recipients across the broad spectrum of health and dental services. We're committed to the highest purpose, improving lives. And that makes us the singular place to do your life's best work.SM
The Clinical Admin Coordinator will receive and appropriately answer incoming telephone calls, greet members and visits, coordinate educational sessions, and work outbound call lists.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:30 am – 5:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office location is 3838 N Causeway Blvd, Metairie, LA.
Every employee is expected to meet Peoples Health minimum requirements:
- Commitment: to our Members: We have the power to change our members’ lives by placing them at the center of everything we do daily
- Action: By working together and delivering quality service, we enhance the lives of our members through dedication and teamwork
- Responsibility: To continue to strive to be the best for our members by adapting and evolving to change, continuing professional development, and to never stop learning
- Excellence: By exceeding expectations and finding innovative ways to exceed standards, we are changing our members’ lives
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Improve health care quality and increase likelihood of desired health outcomes
- Welcome and greet members and guests in a professional service manner
- Answer, direct and document incoming phone calls
- Provide education and clarification on the H.I.P.A.A. and Consent to Treat documents
- Obtain electronic signature or scan necessary documents, such as consent form and Comprehensive Wellness Checklist to the member’s electronic medical record
- Obtain signature on intake documents and attestations from Member and / or authorized representative and appropriately file and /or scan documents in the Member’s medical record
- Receiving and placing outbound calls via a Cisco Agent Queue and scheduling across all covered markets and Telehealth.
- Follow arrival for the scheduled appointment, transcribe notes into the electronic database regarding the Member’s appointment, update demographics (i.e. telephone number, address, name PCP, etc.)
- Place outbound telephone call to confirm same - day and / or no - show appointments, wellness assessments, and other appointment. Transcribes notes in the Member’s electronic medical record confirming contact, recapture of the missed appointment, or other pertinent notes related to the Member
- Document action taken following incoming and / out outbound telephones calls that resulted in a change to schedule (i.e., reschedule, no - show, cancellations, etc)
- Validate that insurance subscriber and assignment of benefits is appropriately entered in the patient information section of the electronic health record
- Ensure that all schedules are closed at the end of the day with no pending appointments.
- Prevent hospital readmission
- Schedule post hospital discharge visits as requested by physician office or care team member
- Support health information technology (HIT) in health care quality improvement
- Work in coordination company - based security health information systems technology to ensure appropriate documentation of the member’s care coordination and record
- Participate in ongoing training to ensure the records are accurate and secure
- Follow corporate instruction based on Federal and State guidance related to health information documentation and security
- Meet or exceed quality metrics for member interaction and production metrics for outbound telephone call volumes. Reviews and updates Member demographics (i.e., address, telephone numbers, etc. in the electronic medical record (s)
- Monitor and request supplies as needed
- Perform all duties assigned by a superior which may include providing back up for the wellness assessment referral queue and documenting all scheduled post hospital discharge visits in appropriate log
- Maintain accurate and organized call lists
- Travel to other Service Centers for coverage as needed
- Answer phones, perform multiple tasks and work independently
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 6+ months experience with outbound calls
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time to other Service Centers for coverage as needed
- Microsoft Office proficient - Microsoft Word (create and edit correspondence), Microsoft Excel (ability to create, edit, and sort spreadsheets, basic analytical formulas (VLOOKUP, if), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar management)
- 2+ years of experience in medical office
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Reside within the Greater New Orleans Metro Area, Northshore Area, or Baton Rouge Area
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast - paced environment
- Able to develop and maintain professional, service - oriented working relationships with members, co - workers and supervisors
- Professional, strong customer service and communication skills
- Display a high level of integrity and respect for confidentiality and adhere to regulatory and PH policies and procedures
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others in planning, problem solving, and completing work assignments
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: PeoplesHealth; New Orleans, LA; UHC; Receptionist; Customer Service; Outbound; scheduler; front office, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO