Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
The Behavioral Admin Support Team provides Administrative support to Behavioral Health Clinical Operations teams. The Clinical Administrative Coordinator is responsible for gathering clinical criteria to build authorization for clinician. Individuals in this role are also responsible for entering administrative authorization, daily outbound calls to Mental Health and Substance Abuse facilities to obtain member treatment status, obtain missing information relevant to authorization and to report authorization status. The position is highly customer-service oriented and requires some clinical knowledge in addition to technical skills. Clinical Administrative Coordinators follow protocols to ensure regulatory and compliance requirements related to their administrative functions are met. The position is fast pace processing high volume of tasks where quality, accuracy and timeliness are critical to the success of the department.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Primary Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Review and triage incoming faxes for dedicated lines of business on behalf of clinical staff.
- Gather and data enter clinical specifics to build authorization for clinicians.
- Process administrative authorization requests submitted both electronically and paper within compliance timeframes, in various clinical platforms.
- Serves as a liaison between call and clinical operation to investigate and resolve authorization conflicts that are submitted by claim processors.
- Administratively assign Treatment Milestone Outlier (TMO) Authorizations to Facility Based Care Advocates (FBCA)
- Outbound calls to providers of service to withdrawal and/or update authorizations.
- Outbound member notification calls within defined regulatory timeframes.
- Outbound calling to providers of service to obtain consumers treatment status as a part of the access to care process.
- Generate written approval notification letters using ELGS (Electronic Letter Generation System)
- Manually fax authorization letters to provider for members at IP facilities to ensure regulated written notification timeframes are met.
- Process various non-clinical admin tasks in support of clinical operations.
- Front-end eAccommodation submission.
- Navigate and document multiple clinical applications and SharePoint sites.
- Submit Electronic Provider Updates requests.
- Support internal business partner emailed inquires.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in an office work and/or customer service environment
- Ability to type at least 40 WPM
- 1+ years of experience working in Microsoft office suite, specifically Microsoft Excel (creating, saving, formatting spreadsheets), Microsoft Outlook (creating and send messages, scheduling meeting, adding attachments, deleting emails, filing emails), Microsoft Word (creating, saving, formatting documents)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience in a clinical environment
- Experience applying specific policies or standards to daily work to assure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Experience with healthcare benefits
- Familiar with and understanding of Medicare compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Familiar with the clinical and claims platforms (Linx, ICUE, Cosmos, UNET, OHBS Facets) needed to perform administrative tasks as well as problem solve requests
- Dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas that provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Residing in a location that can receive a high-speed internet connection (additional information on UnitedHealth Group approved internet providers and restrictions will be provided)
- Ability to interact courteously and professionally with colleagues, internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrate understanding of fundamental health-care related terminology, programs or services.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us. You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth Care, Health Care, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #rpo