SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
Clinical Laboratory Scientist Team Leader
PRN Weekend Coverage – Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan repayment, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We are seeking a CLS Team Leader to join our team who coordinates and monitors activities of laboratory employees, assists Manager with the personnel management activities, resolves issues (problems) as they arise, and may perform professional level specimen processing and testing. Processes specimens for the section; prepares blood smears and body fluid slides, centrifuges specimens, streaks microbiology plates, prepares specimens for transport to reference labs.
Your role: Clinical Laboratory Scientist Team Leader
- Coordinates and monitors daily activities of laboratory employees; assists Manager in personnel management activities that may include work allocation, interviewing, orientation and training, evaluating performance; making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. May conduct employee counseling.
- Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate and high complexity testing (as appropriate per facility). Assumes accountability for accuracy of test results.
- Understands and applies CQI procedures and principles. Communicates any relevant CQI issues to Supervisor or Manager. Designs quality assurance monitors/projects, reports findings, and takes corrective action.
- Demonstrates pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; communicates necessary information to Supervisor or Manager.
- Acts as a resource to customers, both within and outside the department. Accepts responsibility for own development to include cross-training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Reviews, writes or modifies departmental procedures or policies
A Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience in a clinical laboratory are preferred.
One of the following certifications is required: MT (ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT (AMT), MT (AAB), CLS (NCA), MT (HEW), MLT(ASCP), or MLT(AMT). The certification requirement is waived for those with a minimum of 10 years of lab experience.
With over 370 beds Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.