Enlighten, an Alion company is looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer specializing in AWS. Will be responsible for engineering, architecting, and migration of Cloud-based applications and infrastructure. Candidate will develop strategic and implementation plans for information systems. Working with the development team and other engineers will conduct System Analysis of complex operational software systems to include troubleshooting and problem solving. Must be able to work in high pressure, highly flexible environment against both short and long-term requirements.
- A current Secret level U.S. Government Security Clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen. Can consider candidates with a current TS level clearance as well.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or similar. Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience.
- 8+ years of Cloud Engineering including operations, management, design, and development of cloud-based applications and capabilities.
- 3+ years experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Must have experience writing in Python and working on the Linux Command Line.
- Must have experience automating cloud configuration using tooling such as Terraform, AWS Config, Ansible, etc.
- Work autonomously actively identifying areas for improvement.
- Able to collaborate with existing platform architects on long term and strategic architectural changes to platform.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Any of the following AWS Certifications are highly desired:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- AWS Certified Security – Specialty
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – Specialty
- AWS Certified Big Data – Specialty
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
- Designing, building, and managing infrastructure configured according to the DoD Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) and DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide (DoD CC SRG)
Security Clearance: Secret