- Utilizes ICD and CPT codes to accurately enter encounter data from clinic fee tickets
- Reviews and processes EOBs that support payments from insurance carriers, Medicare or patients. Ensures accuracy of claims and fees billed
- Collects payment for claims and receivables from insurance carriers, Medicare and/or patients
- Communicates with the clinics to obtain corrected or additional data
- Communicates with insurance plans and researches health plans on internet for benefits or types of coverage
- Reviews and processes HCFA claim forms and identifies errors in billing
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of related billing and/or collection experience
- Strong attention to detail and professional customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
You will be asked to perform thisrole in an office setting or other company location.
Employees are requiredto screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealthGroup-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, inorder to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state andlocal masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building,employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannotbe attained.
- 1+ years of relevant medical experience; medical terminology, and ICD/CPT coding