Communications Clerk Position Description
The Communications Clerk provides multi-line phone coverage for the facility in conjunction with reception and clerical duties. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. This is a non-exempt position.
Reception and Clerical Support
• Welcomes and directs visitors to the sign-in station at reception desks. Ensures that the visitors fill in the required information on the sign-in sheet and get a dated visitor’s badge. Directs visitors to various areas of the facility in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Operates the switchboard during regular business hours. Directs incoming calls politely. Operates the paging systems. Trains full time and substitute phone operators as requested.
• Operates the switchboard and pages according to published procedures during drills and emergencies. Makes correct announcements for drills or emergencies and ensures that all necessary procedures are followed exactly. Returns to switchboard during codes if on break or during lunch.
• Performs clerical support tasks at the reception desk in support of facility operations in a manner that does not detract from telephone and greeting tasks.
• Maintains the highest level of customer service via courtesy, compassion and positive communication.
• Promotes the Mission and Vision of Post Acute Medical (PAM) within the work environment and the community.
• Respects dignity and confidentiality by adherence to all applicable policies and procedures.
Education and Training: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Requires multi-line phone system experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact appropriately with employees and the public.
- Must be able to handle a busy switchboard.
- Must enter data accurately into assigned data bases.
- Must be able to use simple office equipment and practices to support the operations of the facility.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.