This isn't packagedgoods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference inpeople's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing yourlife's best work.(sm)
The Communications Specialist will beresponsible for written communication for various audiences with theoverarching task to positively drive a consistent message promoting the WellMedbrand in the community. This position will play an integral hands-on role inworking with other corporate departments and teams to implement internal andexternal brand awareness, marketing campaigns and corporate communication.Although reporting directly to the Director, Corporate Brand, this positionwill work with additional team leaders to ensure the message is consistent,clear and concise.
- Managethe day-to-day execution of WellMed's primary social media channels
- Supportplanning and channel response for social media channels
- Gatherand report metrics to clients with the intent of driving greater strategy andchannel performance
- Ownand manage the end-to-end, external digital communication processes
- Maintain brand and communicationstandards, ensuring we speak with a unified voice and in our patients' bestinterest
- Initiateand collaborate with team members to develop award-winning quality internal andexternal campaigns and marketing materials including but not limited tobrochures, multi-media campaigns, and internal communication and website acrossthe Enterprise
- Writepositive, influential copy for various campaigns including branding, marketing,internal, and general corporate communications
- Workwith graphic designers to provide the necessary information to developaward-winning quality materials
- Researchand remain atop of industry trends to develop copy for content marketingstrategy
- Applylearning to future creative processes in order to optimize strategies
- Manageprojects, use team resources, communicate with and manage senior management andinternal client expectations with successful outcomes
- Allocateinitiatives among team resources, identifying and implementing efficiencieswith the appropriate skill-sets, establish deadlines for projects and make surecreative output is on-target, on-strategy and on time
- Ensurecommunication accuracy of all business and marketing claims, includinginterfacing with legal and compliance when necessary to verify approved copypoints and messaging
- Developmarketing strategies and be able to clearly present ideas and strategies toleadership and in group settings
- Providecopy editing assistance
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in anenvironment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what ittakes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other rolesyou may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with written communication, advertising and marketing coordination activities
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects with tight deadlines while paying close attention to the details of all the deliverables
- Experience developing and delivering creative solutions that strengthen the brand distinction
- Experience translating recommendations and direction into a cohesive creative voice that resonates with consumers
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Experience working on a marketing or communications team with direct interaction with Creative Director, Art Director or Marketing Director and exhibiting leadership skills
- Experience in working news media (print or broadcast)
- Marketing and/or communications experience within a healthcare environment
- Teambuilding abilities, strong leader, with solid coaching skills, keen judgment and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high energy and enthusiasm, with ability to thrive in a collaborative, high performance and action-oriented team environment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
© 2018 OptumCare. All Rights Reserved.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Communications Specialist, WellMed, San Antonio, TX, Texas