Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve as a software developer and researcher on a team developing software solutions in technology areas such as Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Integrated Corridor Management Systems (ICMS), and Decision Support Systems (DSS)
- Utilize advanced data analytics techniques and enterprise data infrastructure skills in state-of-the-art software development environments
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Perform in all phases of the development lifecycle, including requirements definition, software/systems design, implementation, testing, and integration
- Initiate advanced research and development programs, interact with clients, and make technical presentations
- For more information visit www.swri.org/industries/intelligent-transportation-systems
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related
- Applicable internships or education experience is required
- 0-5 years: Emphasis on software development and systems engineering and exposure to object-oriented programming (programming languages such as, but not limited to, C++, C#, Java)
- Education and/or experience involving .NET, C#, Java, Python, Git, Microsoft SQL Server, Windows, Linux, Docker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well individually and as a member of a project team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
For information about SwRI's benefits, please review our Benefits Brochure.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace