Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected and automated vehicles), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- We are expanding our team working on leading technologies in image processing, machine learning, and robotics and are looking for talented and motivated engineers or computer scientists to join us
- Identify and pursue new research directions for current and emerging technologies in automated and autonomous ground, aerial, and surface vehicles as well as various fields to apply machine learning techniques.
- Identify and capture new applications for the capabilities you and the team create
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and test robotic, automation, and perception solutions.
- Test and evaluate vehicle platforms and automated driving systems.
- Develop tools and techniques to improve research and development velocity and capability.
- Stay current with state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and provide innovative ideas and approaches to solve challenging problems.
- Requires an Bachelors or a Masters or a PhD with a 3.25 GPA in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, or directly related
- 0-5 years: Academic research and/or internship experience
- 0-5 years: C++, Python, or Linux development experience required
- MS and PhD candidates must have completed graduate work related to Image Processing or Machine Learning in the object detection and classification domains
- Strong software skills
- Strong communication skills
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience preferred but must have desire to learn ROS
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
For information about SwRI's benefits, please review our Benefits Brochure.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace