Who We Are:
Join Defense and Intelligence Solutions as a Computer Scientist where you will be challenged in developing next generation signal intelligence systems. The Software Engineering team is developing the next generation tactical and strategic solutions for signal intelligence systems.
Objectives of this Role:
- As a Computer Scientist, you will work on challenging new technical problems in collaborative team environments with Computer Scientists and Engineers
- Work with tactical & strategic signal processing systems, information exploitation systems, and signal intelligence systems
- We are seeking a highly motivated Computer Scientist to join a dynamic team developing next generation radio frequency signal processing applications
- Work on challenging new technical problems in collaborative team environments.
- Develop new technical solutions for interfacing with data acquisition hardware, server-side and embedded programming, collecting and processing large volumes of real-time data.
- Develop expertise working with radio frequency signal intelligence solutions, processing large amounts of real-time data for information extraction, data visualization, embedded systems, and post-processing analysis applications
- Understand applied research solutions and develop and apply them to Linux servers, embedded systems, and both Linux and Windows workstations.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Work with an advanced software architecture that applies algorithms to process large volumes of signal data in real-time. This will involve systems that perform radio direction finding, signal acquisition, signal processing on a variety of land, sea, and airborne platforms
- All phases of the project life cycle: developing technical requirements with clients, designing and developing innovative solutions to difficult problems, testing and integration within a larger system, and installing and documenting complete solutions
- Teamwork in a highly collaborative environment is expected
- Activities will include work primarily at SwRI facilities/laboratories and short-term travel to government client facilities in the U.S. and overseas for meetings, system installations and support
- We are seeking inspired individuals who are looking to join our team and build a career! For more information on our innovative project work, visit www.swri.org/technical-divisions/defense-intelligence-solutions
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (emphasis on programming and software development)
- 0-5 years of experience in exposure to agile methodologies
- Must be highly proficient in C++
- Knowledge of software development processes including an ability to analyze and translate complex technical requirements into an application design, implementation, unit and integration testing; software/hardware integration & documentation
- Proficiency with C, Python, Linux
- Experience or coursework in software development with emphasis on application development utilizing C/C++
- Basic knowledge of good software development processes including an ability to analyze and translate requirements into an application design, implementation, unit and integration testing Software/hardware integration and software documentation
- Exposure to embedded real-time application development as well as cyber detection. Experience with Python and/or Java highly desirable
- Exposure to agile methodologies, software engineering practices, requirements analysis, software design are desirable
- The ability to work well individually or as a member of a project team is required. Must have aptitude for continuous learning and interested in leadership opportunities.
- A current or recent DoD security clearance is desired
- Software Development/Engineering, Analytics, Analysis, Signal Processing, Embedded development, GUI.
- Python and Linux
- Experience with or exposure to device drivers and hardware interfaces desirable. Experience with handling and processing large data sets on server-side and/or embedded real-time application development desirable.
- Excellent communications skills key
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace