Who We Are:
Join Defense and Intelligence Solutions as a Computer Scientist where you will be challenged in developing next generation network based signal intelligence systems. The Software Engineering team is developing the next generation tactical and strategic solutions for signal intelligence networks.
Objectives of this Role:
- Work on challenging new technical problems in collaborative team environments with Computer Scientists and Engineers
- Work with tactical & strategic signal processing systems, information exploitation systems, and signal intelligence systems
- Join a dynamic team developing next generation systems interoperability and signal processing applications
- Work on challenging new technical problems in collaborative team environments
- Develop new technical solutions for interfacing with data acquisition hardware, server-side, system to system networking development, and collecting and processing large volumes of real-time data
- Develop expertise working with signal intelligence solutions, processing large amounts of real-time data for information extraction, data visualization, embedded systems, and post-processing analysis applications
- Understand applied research solutions and develop and apply them to Linux servers, embedded systems, and both Linux and Windows workstations
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Work with an advanced software architecture that applies algorithms to process large volumes of signal data in real-time
- Networked systems performing radio direction finding, signal acquisition, geolocation on a variety of land, sea, and airborne platforms
- You will be involved with all phases of the project life cycle; developing technical requirements with clients, designing and developing innovative solutions to difficult problems, testing and integration within a larger system, and installing and documenting complete solutions.
- Teamwork in a highly collaborative environment
- Activities will include work primarily at SwRI facilities/laboratories and short-term travel to government client facilities in the U.S. and overseas for meetings, system installations and support
- We are seeking inspired individuals who are looking to join our team and build a career! For more information on our innovative project work, visit www.swri.org/technical-divisions/defense-intelligence-solutions.
- Requires a Bachelors or a Masters with a 3.00 GPA in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (emphasis on programming and software development)
- 0-5 years: Proficiency with C/C++, Python, Linux
- 0-5 years: Software Development/Engineering, Analytics, Analysis, Signal Processing, Embedded development, GUI. Java, Python, Linux Software Development, Software Engineering, Analytics, Analysis, Signal Processing, Embedded development, user interfaces, GUI, Java
- Exposure to agile methodologies. Knowledge of software development processes including an ability to analyze and translate complex technical requirements into an application design, implementation, unit and integration testing; software/hardware integration & documentation.
- Experience or interest in learning handling and processing large data sets on server-side
- Experience or interest in learning embedded development, high performance inter-process control, wide area network applications and hardware interfaces
- Excellent communication skills
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
For information about SwRI's benefits, please review our Benefits Brochure.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace