Ref ID: 04080-0011770057
Classification: Intermediate Accountant
Compensation: $28.50 to $31.00 hourly
Accountemps is searching for an experienced Construction Accountant to join their client's team on a temporary to possibly fulltime basis.
The Construction Accountant will create update and close jobs in construction management module. The Construction Accountant will also be responsible for applying standard job costing based on project type to newly created jobs. The Construction Staff Accountant will also be responsible for both Certified and Non-Certified Payroll, Bank Reconciliations, P& L Reports, Financial Record Management, day to day accounting and full cycle accounting. Based in the San Antonio, this role is a career-building, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work.
• Certified Payroll Experience
• Two to three years Construction Accounting
• Prepare timely job cost reports and close out activities upon project completion
• Prepare approval schedule for post-construction warranty costs
• Responsible for quarterly/yearly accounting cycle close outs
• Maintain an orderly accounting and business filing system
The ideal Construction Staff Accountant candidate should have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience .
Other requirements for the Construction Staff Accountant position include and are not limited to:
• 2+ years of construction / job / project accounting experience
• Strong understanding of Certified Payroll
• Excellent problem-solving ability
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and data entry
• Experience in real estate required
• Working knowledge of Quick Books Pro
Qualified Accountants with construction and Certified Payroll experience should apply online, call the Accountemps office at 210-696-8300 or email your resume directly to Luis.Flores@accountemps.c